Can't mount image/backup Image Home 11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Thijster, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thijster

Thijster Registered Member

Hi all,

I recently disabled some Windows Vista (32 bit Home Premium) services...and now I can't mount any images/backups anymore. When I get into True Image and choose to mount an image, the program gives me an error telling me it can't mount an image because the image doesn't contain a partition.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/926/mountimageh.jpg ---> is dutch!

Can anybody tell me which windows services True Image Home 11.0 is depending on?

Thx

Mathijs

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Mounting is controlled by TimounterMonitor.

Check in MSCONFIG that this is ticked as a system startup item.

In Services, Acronis Scheduler2 should be running as should RPC (Remote Procedure Call)

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Thijster,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

In addition to bodgy’s advice please check the following:

- Make sure that Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer is Enabled in Device Manager (Right-click on My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Unfold Acronis Devices -> Right-click on Acronis Devices -> Select Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer -> Choose Enabled).
    - Make sure that you are using the latest build for your version of Acronis True Image. You can check the latest build from your account on our web site (My Account -> Registered Products).
    - Verify the image archive by means of the Validate Backup Archive tool and tell us the result.
    - If it’s multivolume backup archive make sure that all the volumes of the image archive reside in the same folder.

Note that you can mount only full drive or partition backup, it is not possible to mount file/folder backup.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.