Cant make rescue media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Cindy_B, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cindy_B

Cindy_B Registered Member

2. Cindy_B

Hope its OK to post again - but i have just installed the latest update and i still get the same error message, i must say I'm not happy with this :(

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I'm not sure what the error means, but for problems creating the Rescue CD, one alternative is to let it make the .iso file instead of burning the CD directly. Then afterwards use your favourite burning software to burn the .iso to CD.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Very strange. You might try a repair re-installation, or even better, uninstall TI, reboot and then reinstall the new update. (Each "update" is a full installation file.)

5. Cindy_B

Hi thank you for answering :)

@ DwnNdrty I have tried to make an iso file and i would have burnt it with IMGBurn, but i get the same error message ?

@ jmk94903, I have uninstalled ATI 5 times now and cleaned out all traces using CCleaner, Reg Cure and Reg Seeker, i have had my AV and anti malware disabled on installation and i have tried in safe mode (my OS is XP Pro SP3) i still get the same error message ?

I am not new to Computers and i run 3, i will add i have used ATI 10 for some time with no problems, also i tried ATI 2009 Home on another Computer and i still get the same error message ? (and yes i have downloaded the latest update for ATI 2009). i have submitted this problem to customer support >

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr152/Cat-tranz/Anything/ScreenShot330.jpg

Upon reading posts in this forum i see others are having problems with the rescue media aspect of ATI 2009, if this problem cant be resolved by customer support i will go back to using ATI 10 and ask for my boyfriends money to be refunded (AIT 2009 was a present from him)

6. Cindy_B

I have sent some more info to customer support but i have not had any answer yet, i will try and contact them again in the morning UK time as it will be 48 hours since i first contacted customer support with my problem with ATI 2009.

7. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

8. Cindy_B

Thank you for answering and for the link GroverH :)

I have had a conversation with a very nice and helpful guy at customer support (Ivan S) and he gave me a link to download the recovery disk for ATI 2009 Home. I made a full backup of C: and then reinstalled my OS this worked in a fashion ! when my computer rebooted the MBR was damaged and resulted in a boot loop this i fixed via XP Pro installation disk using FIXMBR to find Adobe CS3 was corrupt, Maxthon Browser would not load and Avast Pro would not load at all !. Next step was to uninstall ATI 2009 and install ATI v10, i made a full backup of my OS before i reinstalled ATI 2009 (thankfully).

ATI 2009 seems to have quite a few problems so i will be using ATIv10, please don't get me wrong Acronis make good software and when the bugs are sorted in ATI 2009 I'm sure it will be quite good, but i wont be using it for some time, thank you to all who answered my post.

Cindy X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.