Can't Login with Recovery CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mikeblas, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeblas

mikeblas Registered Member

I have experienced a drive failure. I booted my machine with the recovery media, and I was thrilled to find that it can see the machine on the network where I copy my backup images.

When I try to connect to the share to actually retrieve restore an image, however, I am prompted for a username and password. When I enter my domain user name and password, I'm simply prompted again. I gave up after typing my username and password about 10 times.

How do I get the recovery CD to see the network share where I have my backup images stored?

I am using Acronis True Image Version 8.0 (Build 826).

2. mikeblas

I upgraded to True Image 8.0 (Build 903), and I burned a new CD with that program. Booting that CD gets me the exact same result.

How do I restore from the network if I can't connect to the share that has my images?

3. JamieS

JamieS Guest

I'm having the same problem with 2 XP Pro computers. I can't log into my home system to create an image. I've set the sharing and security permissions for two seperate accounts and neither can log in. The administrator account can't log in either. What's going on?

4. mikeblas

I found this issue in the FAQ: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/faq.html#15

which caused me great inconvenience ... but it ended up remedying the problem.

If it is a "known issue", I can't fathom why an error message isn't added to the Acronis product to help users find the issue more expeditiously. After all, why isn't there an error that explains that you couldn't login successfully?

5. JamieS

JamieS Guest

Thanks for the info. That might help me with my domain out at work. However, I checked that setting in my local security policy setting and it was already disabled so I'm still stuck.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JamieS,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know what build of Acronis True Image you used to create Acronis Bootable CD? Please note that all the other settings of domain controller properties should be set by default. If the problem persists please send a letter to support@acronis.com with the description of the settings of your domain controller.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. toolman02

toolman02 Registered Member

JamieS,

Did you get your issue resolved? I'm stuck with the same problem using build 1158 of the enterprise edition. I checked the setting mentioned in the FAQ and it is set they way they recommended, even though we aren't using a 2003 domain controller. Nothing I've tried lets me log in. We just spent thousands of dollars buying licenses for this, and we can't even restore an image over the network....

8. Frank05

Frank05 Registered Member

Had a similiar problem yesterday when testing the evaluation version. I could see only very few computers in my workgroup (no domains here) when using the Recovery CD. The solution was to enter the UNC path name using the IP address, even the computer was not seen. For example, the share name was Acronis, the image was server3.tib, so I entered \\10.0.0.17\Acronis\server3.tib . After waiting a few seconds the content of the image was shown. From then on the computer was seen during that session.

HTH,
    Frank

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello toolman02,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are really sorry for your inconvenience.

Please try to type the full UNC path to the image archive as Frank suggested.

Inform us about the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.