Can't Install

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by lsb, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsb

lsb Registered Member

Most frustrating. I have removed the installed version of ESET that came with my computer because it was not my license and it was set to expire. I removed it from add/remove programs plus I went into the C drive and removed two other folders that did not get removed from the original uninstall. Then I restarted my computer.

Today I purchased a license for myself. When I try to install, it get an error. See photo attached. I don't know what to do at this point. What am I doing wrong?

ESET.jpg

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. lsb

lsb Registered Member

I did not have the base filtering engine and followed the directions on this page http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2861&ref=wsf. Restarted the computer, checked to see that I now have the base filtering engine, hit the install button again and received the same error. Installing software should not be this difficult. :mad:

4. lsb

lsb Registered Member

Using the ESET Uninstaller may reset your Windows network settings

This warning causes me concern if I use the removal tool. Where is the link for the off line installer?

I am downloading from the saved installer on my desktop. I don't know if that counts as being off line.

5. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.