Can't install V5 because can't uninstall V2.7

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by BazzaC, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BazzaC

BazzaC Registered Member

Hi all,

Tonight I purchased NOD32 V5 and attempted to install it. Then after downloading 48mb I get a fail to install message because V2.7 has not been deleted.

I then attempted to uninstall V2.7 only to get an error message that a file 114 ? install is missing ? and I can't delete it (V2.7). Any clues on uninstalling ?. Any clues on obtaining that missing file ?

I had a look at a link in Eset support (that I found by accident) that suggests I can download an Eset uninstaller and use it in Safe Mode. But all sorts of warnings about potential harm being caused to the computer and reconfiguring of just about everything.

Is there a "work arround" so that I can install Nod 32 V5 over the top of V2.7 ?.

I tell ya' I'm not too happy. Been a happy NOD32 customer since 2004, but not so happy now !!:doubt:

Thanks in advance......Bazz

2. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

3. BazzaC

BazzaC Registered Member

G'day toxinon,

Just got back on here after a successful V5 install.:)

I used that download that you suggested. It was the download I mentioned first (eset uninstaller.exe) and was dubious about using it. But it was fine and caused no problems with my OS. Also found a NODv2 file as well which I deleted. Then installed NOD32 V5 straight up no problems.

Now I get a message from the new NOD32 V5 that I need to update the operating system, 11 missing updates. Will do that later, 01:19 hours here in Australia and I need some shut eye.:(

Thanks for responding and your help,:D

Cheers........Bazz

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Although this would not work in transition from a v2.7 installation to a v5, you might want to bookmark: import export settings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.