can't install the nod32 antivirus rolled back at finishing

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bittoo22, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

> Error 1406. Could not write value Name to key \Software\ESET\ESET
    > Security\CurrentVersion\Scheduler\1.

It looks like there is ESET Self Defence active after some failed previous installation. That could be the reason why installer is not able to write to that key. But such a scenario ESET Uninstaller tool should handle.

Start cmd.exe and type: sc query type= driver | find /I "ehdrv". Post the result of command here.

If the result is not empty, then ehdrv driver is running. Boot to safe mode, run regedit and delete key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ehdrv and also file c:\windows\system32\drivers\ehdrv.sys. Boot normal mode and try to install NOD again.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  2. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

Or from accessories on the start menu folder, the command prompt right click and run as admin then:

sc stop Ehdrv
    sc delete Ehdrv

sc stop Epfwwfpr
    sc delete Epfwwfpr

sc stop Eamon
    sc delete Eamon

If that doesn't work we need subinacl to finish properly to reset permissions of all registry keys.

3. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

It is not possible to stop ehdrv driver via sc command. That's why it is self defence. You must delete it in safe mode.

4. ccomputertek

yes, those commands from safe mode, providing the driver services even exist.

5. Avil

Avil Registered Member

I've looked for the ehdrv in cmd.exe, but nothing came up. I also checked the registry as well as the driver folder after eamon, ehdrv and epfwwfpr, and found nothing.

I ran the .bat file again, and this time, no error occured and nothing failed.

I checked the permissions in the eset folder too, it seems I have the sufficient permissions there.

6. Avil

Avil Registered Member

Stop your horses! It works now!! I downloaded the latest version from the homepage (after doing all the things you've said) and now it's installed!

Hopefully there wont be any problem running it!

Thanks so much for all your help!

I wonder what the problem was from the beginning...

Christina

7. ccomputertek

Well I don't understand why the fact you tried to install an early version would not work, then it wouldn't work for anyone.Either your .MSI was corrupt and you just needed to download a fresh copy, or it was a permissions issue that a successful run of subinacl has fixed.

8. ccomputertek

you can do... SC delete " service name " from command prompt also, would be easier to tell customers to do it this way then have them fish through the registry, just for future reference.

that way service control manager deletes the service entry from the registry for you.

I had forgotten about that also, till you reminded me of the SC command.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.