Can't install NOD

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by laureng, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laureng

laureng Registered Member

Howdi all ...

I downloaded the trial version of nod32 but i can't find a way to install it .
    Everytime that i try - i get an error message no. 106 that it can not extract the file.
    I checked the downloaded file on another computer and its fine , so it must be something wrong with my computer .
    Any solution ?

Thank you in advance

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Please reinstall over the top, and then uninstall through the Windows Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs.

Cheers :D

3. laureng

laureng Registered Member

But how can i install it over the top if i can't install it at all ? :oops:

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Run Windows Disk Clean-up .This will ensure there are no unnecessary temporary files and something that might conflict with the extraction/installation
    Start - Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Disk Cleanup.Check all and continue with OK . It may take some minutes until it finishes.

http://pandaman.my.contact.bg/dcu.PNG

Download the file again from ESET's page
    Trial version.Use basic Internet Explorer (no other browsers and no extensions)

Make sure there are no other antivirus products installed and attemp installation again.Simply double click the install file and press Exctract . The installation should continue.

5. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

If you cleanup the tempfolder via Disk Cleanup the temp files from the last 7 days will stay in the temp folder (standard), only older files will be deleted.
    Am I right or wrong?
    I remember I changed that in the past in the registry. Standard worth 7 (days) I changed then into 1(day).

Gerard

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello,
    have you had any other antivirus installed on the machine before you tryed to install nod32?
    lodore

7. Blackspear

Please install NOD32 again, do not try to uninstall until you have installed NOD32 again and rebooted, AFTER this then uninstall through Add or Remove Programs.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

BS , because of post #3 , I think the user cannot install NOD at all . I once had similar issue with a client . In that situation , the installer Extracts the files , you see a message "Please wait" for about 2 seconds and then it stops the installation process before any installation is done . ;)

But let's see the OP answer :)

9. Blackspear

Sorry a bad read by me, thought it was a failed uninstall, whereas it is in fact a failed install.

This error (106) occurs typically under the following circumstances:

- An attempt is made extract the archive installer file and it is found be corrupt.
    - Insufficient RAM / disk space
    - Defective RAM modules

1. Please try downloading a fresh copy of NOD32.
    2. Check your systems RAM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.