Can't Install G Data After Playing With Trial Version

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DasFox, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I was playing with G Data AV 2011 on a trial version and then I saw that G Data had an offer through TrialPay to get the Internet Security version for free so I went for it.

Well now, after uninstalling the AV trial version, when I try to install the Internet Security version and click to install the full version, when running it and trying to do the update, 'Click on "Register with Server"' so I can put in my key it just pops up and says my trial version is ended and it won't let me put a key in anywhere. The only screen I see is to put in a username and password but all I have is a license key to put in, but don't see anywhere to do this.

According to the info I got from TrialPay it says this:

1. Download your free version of G Data InternetSecurity 2011 here:
    -http://qsmirror02.gdatasecurity.de/qs/SECURITY2011/ENG/21.0.2.1/ENG_R_FUL_2011_IS.exe-

2. Install the free G Data InternetSecurity 2011 on your computer and follow the instructions

3. During the installation click on "Install full version of G Data InternetSeucirty 2011"

4. After restart your PC Doubleclick on the G Data-Icon below your systemwatch

5. Click on "Perform Updates"

6. Click on "Register with Server"

7. Insert the following activation key to activate your free version of G Data InternetSecurity 2011: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

8. Now your free version of G Data InternetSecurity 2011 is fully installed. Included 12 month of Anitvirus- and Software-Updates

So anyone have a clue how to clean out of the box all of G Data files, reg. entries etc that still seem to think I'm running an expired trial version? So I can install this thing?

THANKS

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
  2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Attached Files:

• GDAV.gif
      GDAV.gif
      File size:
      16.5 KB
      Views:
  3. timcan

timcan Registered Member

Hi, when you click the "register with server " button you should get a new window to insert the license key. Gdata will email you a user name/password.
    hope this helps.

Attached Files:

4. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

THANKS, at least I'll get it cleaned out.

For now I'll just install it on my other box and use it, the one I wanted to clean it out from, it's to slow to use this program, sucks up to much memory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.