Can't install Eset Smart Security bcz of Kaspersky IS 2011

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ONT, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONT

ONT Registered Member

I installed Kaspersky Internet Security on my PC but I want to switch to Eset Smart Security. I uninstall Kaspersky from its uninstall tool but the ESS setup still detecting KIS, snapshot is attached for reference. I search traces of KIS from C drive and registry and delete them manually, but the said issue remains. Someone kindly help in installing ESS.

Attached Files:

2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

first try http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 if you installed 2011 check device manager, view, show hidden and uninstall the driver with a '!' in network card.
    check in reg edit for and KIS or KAV entries in current user, software and local machine, software.

3. ONT

ONT Registered Member

Hi Stratoc

I did accordingly as you instructed, but could not get desired outcome as the drivers fails to uninstal manually. Also the AVP service was running. See the attachments.

But I got surprise when I used an old version of Kaspersky uninstall tool (Ver 1.0.125.0) to get rid of subject issue and it works. The latest Version 1.0.157.0 of Kaspersky uninstall tool didn't work.

However thanks for your reply which was very informative to me.

Attached Files:

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

glad you're sorted, the link I posted failed to remove 2011 on my pc, I restored pc from a previous image.
    2 builds and 2 patches before it's compatible with windows photo viewer shows how much they test before release :cautious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.