Can't install AVG Antispyware

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by filly, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. filly

filly Registered Member

I am running Commodo,threatfire,and spybot. Avg antispyware has been giving me the message connection to service failed, please reinstall avg antispyware. I have uninstalled avg 6 times and rebooted and reinstalled. I even tried a new download. I have disabled all protection programs each time to no avail when installing. Any ideas what the problem is? I also run avg antivirus. This seems to have started with an update from commodo also at the same I updated the ATI drivers.o_O

2. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

If you uninstall this Commodo Software, restart Windows do you now still have these problems with the AVG Software?
    Maybe also the Threatfire Software causes the problems with AVG Anti-Spyware.

3. mugg

mugg Registered Member

Maybe also the Threatfire Software causes the problems with AVG Anti-Spyware.

There are multiple thousands of users running ThreatFire alongside AVG AntiSpy with no problems.
    Doubt that is the system's problem. I would try the Commodo uninstall first. Good luck!

4. filly

filly Registered Member

I have tried uninstalling commodo. Didn't work. I uninstalled threatfire for good. Didn't work. I tried installing in safe mode. Still get the message you need to reboot your computer to remove a previous version. I've rebooted 20 times since this aggravating install problem began.:thumbd:

5. hilbillygreek

hilbillygreek Registered Member

1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
    2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
    3. In the Advanced Settings section, clear the Use simple file sharing (Recommended) check box. It's the last one.
    4. Click Apply > OK.

Note: If you have XP Home, above has to be done in Safe Mode.

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5, right click on the folder & under Properties > Security, Click on System to highlight it, put a checkmark by Full Controll. Apply > Ok your way out, & reinstall AVG AS on top of present installation.

6. filly

filly Registered Member

Already tried that also. Checked it again and it was already cleared.

7. Wake2

Wake2 Registered Member

Hi Filly,

Sorry to hear of the problems your experiencing with AVG,
    have you tried using the Windows Clean Up Uninstaller, than
    delete the AVG AS folder, and than run ccleaner after ?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Wake

8. filly

filly Registered Member

Thanks for your help I finally managed to get it to install and work. Many, many thanks to all who helped!:thumb:

9. Wake2

Wake2 Registered Member

Hi Filly,

Good news, glad to hear you got the problems resolved.

Wake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.