Can't Increase Free Space

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Neil H, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil H

Neil H Registered Member

I've read with interest several of the postings concerning partition size and resizing. From the website, it would appear that increasing a partition size would be a piece of cake. Hmmm.
    I had a 12.6Gb root C: drive just about max'ed out. I used True Image to clone this to a new 120Gb drive, then swapped drives out.
    Everything seems to work okay. I then used Disk Director to resize the 12.6Gb partition to the full drive size. It wouldn't to it.

I downloaded the Report Generator and looked at those results and found a "File system error: 33 (Unable to create volume snapshot)". I figured it probably had to do with insufficient file space (I was down to 300Mb free). I tried to defrag and got message that said you need 15% free to defrag. So I moved a lot of files and deleted others enough to defrag the partition and got about 1.59Gb free space. (I also sent the report to support@acronis.com).

Back to Disk Director and attempted to use the file space wizard. See the attached screen shot. No matter what combination I use to resize or increase the partition size it tells me that my 12.6Gb drive is the maximum possible.

That doesn't make sense at all.

Any clues or suggestions while I wait for the support staff to respond to my original report would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2004
  2. Neil H

Neil H Registered Member

Just for everyone's information, Timur B. at Acronis came up with a SnapAPI fix that allowed the increase free space command to work.

Thanks Timur,

Neil H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.