Can't image an SATA drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ahspao, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahspao

ahspao Registered Member

I have a Dell SC420 server with a Maxtor DiamondMax 9 SATA drive. I'm Using Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 build 912. I made the bootable CD, got it to boot in FULL mode, and when I tried to create an image, I got a message saying there were no recognizable drives. I dont know what sort of controller is being used, I do know that the motherboard is an Intel. Is there something specific I need to do, get some driver, find an update...or am I screwed for the moment ? Also, if there is another drive imaging product that can make this happen, please PM me and let me know so we don't advertise in the forum. I'm sorry, but SATA drives and controllers have been around for a very long time now and this particular Dell server has been shipping since last Oct. I think a full quarter is decent time to come up with a solution, especially when Acronis is charging loads of money for it....i'm a little disappointed

2. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

You need to find out what controller the mobo is using. Till then all your complaints will be vacuous.

3. ahspao

ahspao Registered Member

I've got these two responses about the SATA controller :

I believe it is an adaptec CERC:

The SATA controller is attached through the Intel 82801FR (ICH6R) southbridge. There is an add-in Adaptec bios that handles the RAID functions.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ahspao,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

First of all, please download the latest build (921), which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

The new build should work properly with ICH6R. If experience any difficulties please write to support@acronis.com. We will certainly help you to solve any issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Deus

Deus Registered Member

You can try this too.

Change to BIOS
    -> Devices
    -> Harddisks

Here u find a Option
    -> Autodetect SATA/AHCI
    change to
    -> Autodetect SATA/ATA

At a Dell Precision with SATA it works fine with the changes

Best Regards
    Deus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.