can't I just get a Standalone .ISO image??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by path, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. path

path Guest

I don't know what's wrong with my XP installation -- I have EasyCD Creator and Nero (maybe that's the problem...) and can burn disks just fine all day long. Just not a bootable Standalone disk.

Isn't there just a .iso image someplace I can use to create my disk??

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

are u trying to create the rescue cd? make sure u have the latest version of ATI, make sure the blank CD is clean and not damaged, or try using another brand if possible.

3. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

In this post, Acronis Support mentions conflicts that sometimes arise with Windows own CD burning software. Try disabling it and see what happens.:cool:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello path,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please do as WSFuser has suggested and make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 and Ozmaniac's suggestion does not help then please also try to use next tips in order to solve the problem:

- Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the application;

- Proceed until the program asks for a disc and open the tray;

- Insert a disc and then click the OK button to close the tray automatically as well.

If that doesn't help then I would also recommend you to update third party CD writing software (Nero and Easy CD Creator in your case) to the latest version available for free on its respective web site.

Please also note that you should use a blank unformatted CD-R or CD-RW in order to create a bootable rescue disc. Please be aware that this is a normal situation when a DVD writer is shown as a CD burner in Acronis True Image. This doesn't affect the device's functionality and you can use DVD.

If nothing of the above helps then please also try to create Bootable Rescue CD in Windows Safe Mode.

If you still can not create Bootable Rescue CD using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please submit a request for technical support and provide us with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.