Can't get TI to load loader when rebooting

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cutie_pyie, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cutie_pyie

cutie_pyie Guest

Hi Guys (and other Gals),

I have installed TI v8.0 Bld 889 to my PC to test it out.
    I have 4 partitions on HDD with C: having OS (Win98SE).
    Made an image of C:\ using TI and stored it on partition F.
    Tried to restore it but 'cause some files are in use it says to let TI reboot.
    When it TRYs to reboot, it says 'loading... Please wait'
    I waited for over half an hour and NOthing happened!
    I tried creating the boot floppies but when booting from them it says it can't find HDD partition.
    I am at a complete loss as to what to do now!

Any help wud be greatly appreciated!
    Tnx,
    Cin
    Please send me email at cutie_pyie@hotmail.com to let me know there is a answer to my question.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Make a Recovery CD and try booting from that.

If you can boot successfully, try restoring your C partition.

If that restore is successful, try booting into Safe Mode under Windows and running the restore.

If this is successful, then something running under Windows is preventing the loading of the TrueImage Linux recovery core. Perhaps Tech Support will have a better idea what that might be.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cutie_pyie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround described at Acronis Help Post and if it doesn't help please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word and click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling, you can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually. Please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.