Can't Get rid of Unhackme

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JerryM, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am unable to uninstall or delete hackmon. It denies access. I suppose this is a way to keep malware from disabling it. However, I want to get it of the machine. Anyone know how?

Edit I found that I had it running, and when I exited it I was able to delete it.

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

And another universal mystery solved. :)

Yep, the old "program is running trick", been there done that, you are not the first and certainly won't be the last. o_O

Cheers, TAS

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Once the user starts the uninstaller of UnHackMe the uninstaller should shut down UnHackMe automatically first and then uninstall it.
    Maybe it was to difficult for the programmer to get this simple idea. :rolleyes:

4. hubbahubba

hubbahubba Guest

Most security programs have a way to keep malware from disabling it, and as Tassie_Devils commented: "Yep, the old "program is running trick", been there done that, you are not the first and certainly won't be the last." So before you start criticizing other software developers, perhaps maybe you should be the first to show your credentials and prove how much more you know than they do before you stick your foot in your mouth again.

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Please don't bore me with personal comments. You don't know anything about me.
    Shutting down a software takes only a few commands more INSIDE the uninstall program.
    What has that to do with shutting down a software by the user or malware ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.