Can't get rid of system recovery message

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by caspian, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I actually have a license but since I reinstalled my OS I guess I have to ask for a new key and I haven't done that yet. So I am not using a licensed version. But I did a system restore and now the Returnil icon is yellow. And I keep getting a message that I need to restore the files from a snapshot. But this is not the paid version so it can't. But it keeps wanting me to anyway. I even uninstalled Returnil, ran some cleaners, and reinstalled. Same issue.

What really concerns me is does Returnil take snapshots without my permission or knowledge? There may be files that I do not save to my computer that I do not want saved in a snapshot. I want complete control over any snapshots that are taken. Is this possible?

ScreenShot002.jpg

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

We just need to clear your license at the server so shoot me a PM with your License Number.

This is to be expected and will be shown if you have the real-time system restore feature activated and you perform a restore, even if it was through using the built-in Windows restore feature rather than through the RSS GUI.

Having this happen, opens the File Restore feature where you can grab selected files from the previous state of the system just prior to the restore. You should also get a similar note regarding the availability of File Restore which will be cleared once you can open the feature at least once and decide whether or not to restore any files.

This is a strange situation however where you lost the Pro status due to the issue with the LN still being assigned to a previous installation of Windows. Once we help you get that resolved, you should be able to clear the alerts.

No, RSS is simply monitoring the creation and use of restore points created by Windows and adding each new one to its list available through the Full Restore feature in the RSS GUI.

Mike

3. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I think I am going to reinstall. I am getting blue screens now. Thanks for explaining.

4. Coldmoon

Did you save your dump files from that image? If so, could you send them over via support e-mail so the team can investigate them? In the interim, see the attached image.

The alert messages for recovery can be hidden as shown on the Home > Overview screen. Simply use the Hide link and it should clear the alert from being shown in the GUI.

Mike

Attached Files:

5. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

You have to ask for a new key everytime you reinstall windows?

6. Coldmoon

No, but the one you have has to be cleared before you can reassign it.

Mike

7. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Besides keeping a copy of the key do I need to keep the Installation ID as well?

8. Coldmoon

No, as the ID will change when you install a new copy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.