Cant get rid of a trojan horse!!! troj small ...

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by weeman, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weeman

weeman Guest

Re: Cant get rid of a trojan horse!!!

i have a trojan virus and ive tried several ways to get rid of it and none work. I found steps on how to get rid of it by deleting it in safe mode but it still comes back. I have Norton antivirus but it says there is no virus, everything is clean but when i did an online virus scan it found a trojan virus. this virus sets all the websites i go to, to a search engine site. it says the virus is under the file C:\Windows\system32\msconfd.dll . CAn you help me?

2. weeman

weeman Guest

Re: Cant get rid of a trojan horse!!!

Also i forgot to say this but the virus is called TROJ Small. something. Spybot S&D neither Adaware will get rid of it, and ive tried deleting the folder its in but it wont let me.

3. Lois

Lois Registered Member

I did a google search for msconfd.dll and came up with this website:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.bookmarker.html

Information on this trojan and how to remove it can be found there. Remember, the first and most important thing to do to remove this or any trojan is to disable system-restore. Otherwise, it will pop right back after a reboot.

Lois
    P.S. I don't like System-Restore. It is a poor excuse for good backup policy.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.