cant get my wireless to work with nod

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by debbie2011, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debbie2011

debbie2011 Registered Member

Hi, just trying out esnet smart security. I am with bigpond cable and have a wifi modem. I have installed esnet to my first computer and no problems. But now I am installing it into my 2nd computer which connects to the internet with a wifi dongle, there is where the problems start. I cant get NO internet conectivity. It is so frustrating as I have been sitting here trying for the last 3 hours to get it to work.
    I have set the firewall to all the modes you can set it to, and no changes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my bigpond.
    I can actually see when my internet goes of when I install esnet smart security. When I unistall esnet smart security I can surf the net. If I cant get any solutions I will have to go back to my previous antivirus software where I did not have such problems.
    Hopefully someone can help me please!!!!!!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have the router's IP address in the Trusted zone?

3. debbie2011

I have tried that but that did not work either.
    Going by this forum it sounds like I am not the only one that has problems with wifi.:oops:

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. debbie2011

thanks heaps Cudni, tried what you suggested and still did not work.
    :'(

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Basically when certain communication is blocked, enable logging of blocked connections in the IDS setup, reproduce the problem and post the appropriate firewall log records here. Also enclose the IP address of your computer and the remote device (computer, router, network printer, Xbox, etc.) as well as a screenshot of your Zone setup.

7. uup115

uup115 Registered Member

HI Im new to eset and i was having this problem but i found out a way to solve it WITHOUT disabling your firewall.

For some reason eset ss dose something to wireless adapter when its installed
    i fooled around with eset for a day or 2 and then i realized eset not the problem its windows

so i went in to Control Panel...>Network and Internet Connections...> Network connections. Now all u have to do is right click on your LAN or HIGH SPEED INTERNET connection (whatever you are using, for me i got a wireless network)
    then go down to properties select it...AND right there in the general tab look down and u will see ( this connection uses the following items: ) scroll threw the list and u should come across ESET PERSONAL FIREWALL make sure the box next to it is unchecked ( If its checked then uncheck the box) select ok and your internet connect should come right on

i dont know if this will mess up anything but i have not gotten any thing yet (thx to eset) and i scan my computer every night befor bed so its up to u
    hope this will help oh yea im use in windows xp x32 so i dont know if this will work on any other versions HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.