Can't get in touch with AirVPN for couple of weeks now

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Gnikf, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnikf

Gnikf Registered Member

I requested their free trial via the form on the site twice now. First time couple of weeks ago and still haven't heard from them.
    Are they still active?

2. Hmmmm... Never used them but I'm sure they are still alive with many customers.

3. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

of course theyre as active as ever , try again

4. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

If you can't get in touch with them for a few weeks drop them! Unless they took your money and you're stuck then use it up and leave!

There are plenty of GOOD VPNS out there that respond to people within 24-48 hrs like clock work, waiting on someone a few weeks, no excuse! :thumbd:

Go use BolehVPN;

http://www.bolehvpn.net

5. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Hey, DasFox :)

He was asking them for a free account, so they deserve at least a little slack ;)

6. happyyarou666

ive been with airvpn for a long time and its never let me down , the forums get replied too in less than a day and problems should be addressed there , since thats where the main support of airvpn hangs out , hope this helps , airvpn is epic , no doubt, next best would be mullvad or boleh

p.s: i recommend to sign up as a member it dont cost nothing and then open a thread on your problem ,hell i sent a free test account request and it didnt even take a day , id say you got bad luck in this situation , sorry to hear that

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  7. Gnikf

Gnikf Registered Member

good to know
    i've tested boleh and and mullvad, they are the only ones left from the top 3 vpn providers here.
    Got an answer over email btw, waiting for the second one to see if they still give free trials.
    It seems to be just their request free trial form that doesn't work.

8. happyyarou666

good to hear youre gettin that sorted

9. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

He mentioned "Free Trial", I assumed that's like most providers offering first like a 1-3 day free trial to check out the service before you sign up... ;)

10. happyyarou666

i think thats what mirimir meant ;)

11. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

For me part of the free trial would be gauging their customer support. That's not a good sign and I wouldn't go with them either if that happened to me.

I had a good experience with iVPN. Service was very good and fast, and I trust the people. 2 things that turned me off: no truly anonymous payment method (but then again, besides Mullvad, who does?) and that a 2'nd year was automatically set up and I had to go into my Paypal to cancel it... that should have been opt-in, not opt-out.

But the first thing is reason enough. For me the anonymity starts when I sign up for the service. I need a truly anonymous method, not a pseudo-anonymous one like BitCoin or LR. I need to be able to pay cash money or use a gift card that leaves no trail of personally identifiable info of me... nothing less, or what's the point? You're not anonymous if the account can be linked to you.

And as far as I know only 1 vendor offers this to me. That makes my decision quite simple. I'm all ears if anyone knows of any more ?

12. mirimir

iVPN used to accept LR, and stopped after (I think) getting burned by an exchanger. But they may still accept it, if you ask nicely. And they may also use GPG email with you, if you ask nicely.

13. mirimir

Yes, that's what I meant.

I think that they're really taking off, and are pressed to meet demand. They don't cap bandwidth, and some of their users have large pipes (for example, one that runs ~50Mbps for days at a time).

14. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

I've never had a problem getting a response from Air, via email. I added time to my account, and they credited it within an hour.

PD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.