Can't find the virus

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by richrf, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi all,

I have a virus that seems to spread between my two networked PCs. Both are XP systems.

I completely reinstalled XP on one of my systems but when I connect it to the network I have these two symptoms which seem to indicate that a virus as passed through the network:

1) When a re-start the system, and before NAV starts-up, some program is trying to access my hidden system folder. The window that the System Folder is hidden pops up.

2) My start-up sounds are cut short. Apparaently just when the virus program is initiated.

I have tried running TDS-3, NAV, TrojanHunter, Micro-Trend, PandaSoftware, Tauscan and they have picked up nothing, but I am quite sure that it is there. Interestingly, I think I have noted (though I haven't confirmed) that the virus is spread when I copy data to a CD using the XP copy system but not when I use Nero. I will be working on confirming this today.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove this virus. Thanks for any help. Wilders memebers have always been very helpful to me and I appreciate all of the support.

Sincerely,
    Rich

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi richrf :)

One way to find out for sure is to follow the instructions here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

then post your hijackThis log in the hijack cleaning forums along with a full desrcription of your problem and one of the experts will give u recommendations on any Malware found.

snowbound

3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Thanks. I will do that.

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.