Cant find proper serial number for version 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cowbell, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowbell

cowbell Registered Member

I recently upgraded from verson 9 to 10 due to a new PC with Vista Home Premium. It was working fine until today. When I upgraded I noticed that verision 9 was still in the start up list via msconfig. I figured I didn't need 2 versions running so I went to add/remove and tried to remove it. That worked but then 10 wouldn't. When I try to open 10 it says that it cant find the proper serial number. You should reinstall the product.So I reinstalled 9 figuring it was looking for a valid purchase license copy, which worked. The install worked but not the software since it's not compatible with Vista. Anyway then I tried to reinstall 10. The options I had with 10 were modify, repair or remove. I tried the repair and it gives me the error " The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image Home could be installed. You need to restart the installer and try again". That didn't work no matter how many times I retried. I get the same message even if I try the remove option. So I'm stuck in a loop. 10 would open without a reinstall and reinstall won't work. Do know where to go from here. Any suggestions??
    thanks
    al

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You'll probably have to remove any reference to Acronis and True Image from the Registry manually. Then install ver 9 again, followed by the upgrade.
    Be very careful when editing the Registry. If you're not comfortable doing this get someone who knows how to do it.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cowbell,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that it is not necessary to install the older version first. You may install just the upgrade, and you will be asked for both serial numbers (original one and upgrade one) during the installation process.

If the issue persists, please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. cowbell

cowbell Registered Member

I'll try deleting everything and run some software to hopefully clean the registry and attempt to reinstall 10. I do have one other question. All along I have upgraded from ver 8 to 9 and now 10 for Vista. If it goes well and I get to the part asking for serial numbers do I use the ones for 9 and 10, 8 and 10 or will it need all 3?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.