Can't find Image-file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Olaf, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olaf

Olaf Registered Member

Hi,
    I have installed Acronis TrueImage 8 today. The first time I made an Image, I stored it in "D:\Backup System C\Filename" in parts of 650MB. After that I tried to check the image. But TrueImage could not find the file. In the explorer the file is also missing. If I check the diskspace I can see that there must be several files with an diskspace requirement of 4GB (the same space TrueImage needed for the Image). I have tried an chkdsk to get acces to the file (I want to remove it) but it didn't work.

Has someone an idea what I can do to get my diskspace back?

Thanks Olaf

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Olaf,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Can you confirm that if you navigate to the D:\Backup System C\Filename folder you can't find any files in it? If so please try to delete the folder and then create it once again. This should solve the problem which seems to be connected with your hardware rather than with Acronis True Image or other software. I can recommend that you check your disk with check disk tool. In order to do that please open "Start" -> "Run" and input the command:

chkdsk <drive letter>: /r

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.