can't download updates

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by aprischm, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aprischm

aprischm Registered Member

I used to be able to download updates but now I can't. I have not downloaded any new programs since I downloaded spyware blaster so I don't know why I am getting the following error:

Error connecting to update server
    there was an error getting the update information file from the server. the server may be temporarily unavailable or there may be a conflict with firewall software installed on you pc. the udate information file may have also gotten corrupted during the download. Please try again soon.

What do I do o_O

2. njguy99007

njguy99007 Registered Member

Hello,
    I have the same issue, error connecting to update server, I have a lap top that also has spywareblaster 3.1, installed, both computers are XP home Edition.
    On the Laptop the updates work on my desktop they do not work, any help in this matter.
    I have unistalled spywareblaster from my desk top and reinstalled it, same problem con not update.
    Help Please, thank you all.

3. MikeF.

MikeF. Guest

I have the same problem and posted it recently on this board. I uninstalled and re-installed several times. I turned of ZoneAlarm firewall and WinXP firewall. I checked the alternate download method under Update Options. Nothing has worked.
    MikeF.

4. em1

em1 Guest

I have the same problem ,can't download update! What's the use to have spaywareblaster on my computer when i can't update!

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Have any of you with the updating problems checked your HOSTS files?

The default locations are as follows:

Windows XP = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
    Windows 2K = C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
    Win 98\ME = C:\WINDOWS

It's possible something is using the HOSTS file on your systems to block access to the SpywareBlaster update server - it's certainly a good first step to check. :)

Thanks,

-Javacool

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Is anyone still experiencing this problem?

Thanks,

-Javacool

7. BigAl

BigAl Registered Member

Speaking for myself, I have had NO problems since Javacool fixed my problems. See thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=32264

I'm running a Pentium III 450 MZ w/Windows 98SE
    Internet Explorer 6.0
    Firefox 0.8 (Default Browser)
    Netscape Communicator 4.79
    Netscape 7.1 :D

Last edited: May 15, 2004
  8. pinkybear

pinkybear Registered Member

I am having the same download updates issues except mine won't work on the laptop but it works just fine on the desktop. Have NAV 2004 anti-virus running on all machines but no firewall. Any suggestions? If I were to find a HOSTS file, what would I be looking to do with it?

9. MikeF.

MikeF. Guest

Yes, still cannot manually download updates to SWB. I tried looking in the Hosts file as suggested, but cannot open this file since Windows doesn't know how it was created. Tried Notepad, but only got a sample file. I'm stumped. I have been unable to update since first downloading SWB over a month ago.
    MikeF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.