Can't download Dr. Web trial

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by acr1965, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I cannot get Dr. Web av to download from their site. Also, have tried softpedia but that redirects to the Dr. Web site for download which does not work. Any ideas?

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Are you talking about Cureit?

Just tried it myself, no problem. I did notice it is via ftp.

3. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

This link will work, as it is directly from Dr Web.

4. acr1965

no- the full av

5. acr1965

I get this message-

"This webpage is not available.

The webpage at ftp://ftp.drweb-online.com/windows/drweb-500-win.exe might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error
    Below is the original error message

Error 2 (net::ERR_FAILED): Unknown error."

6. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

No problem here using FF 3.5.2. :doubt:

What browser are you trying it with?

7. acr1965

Rebooted and tried with FF and the download now works. Was trying Chrome and IE previous. Oddness.

thanks for the help everyone.

8. ajap

ajap Registered Member

9. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

You still using Dr Web? If so, how is it running?

Not much love for the doctor these days! As internet tests have proven to have files which aren't malicious at all, and Dr Web states they won't add junk files, could be a reason it doesn't always perform the best in tests.

Either way, hope people still support this company. :thumb:

10. risl

risl Registered Member

I use it and have always liked it for the fact that it was light, minimalistic and trouble free. I bought the license in 2007 and extended it to 2011 some time ago.

.. But now I've started to have problems. I can't make full system scans without some NTFS errors. The scan just suddenly stops and says "done" and I get errors like this:

"The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume C:."

Sometimes I got the same error in partition D: also.

No problems with other antiviruses, the HD is ok(everything is working, unless I scan with dr.web), the OS installation is just 2 weeks old and there is no malware according to other tools/antirootkits/av's.

It works 100% in real-time, but when I try to use the scanner everything starts to fall apart. Using chkdsk to correct errors doesn't help, the problem re-appears when scanning again.

The support has asked me for some system information which I've provided and I was also asked to run LiveCD. No results yet.

11. format_c

format_c Registered Member

could you run the scanner with /not_drop_shield command line switch and perform full scan once again? like this

drweb32w /not_drop_shield

if so, do you have the problem, too?

12. risl

risl Registered Member

The scan went straight through without any problems using not_drop_shield. No errors. I will try again after a few hours just to see if I was just lucky :)

However, if this solved my problem: what is exactly wrong and can I fix it somehow?

Thank you for the help.

13. acr1965

I plan on installing Dr Web after my Avira license runs out but that will be a little bit yet. When I could not download Dr Web earlier I found a 90 day Avira promo (which has been taken down since that time). I have pretty much tried them all and usually end up going back to Nod32 because it causes the fewest issues. But I don't feel all that safe using it.

14. format_c

format_c Registered Member

well... something goes wrong way. you have nothing to do, that's weird problem with Dr.Web scanner integrated anti-rootkit module

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.