Can't disable "internet browsers" "feature"

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Mercury_22, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercury_22

Mercury_22 Registered Member

Since i've "upgrade" to NOD32 v3 (3.0.563.0 now) all my DOWNLOADS ARE VERY SLOW ! and when i'm trying to "exclude applications from content filtering by putting a cross in the appropriate box" nothing happens !
    As i can see in TCPView ekrn.exe it's still filtering content for my applications!
    Also trying to disable "Web access protection" has the same effect !

What can i do o_O? :mad:

My OS : Vista x64

2. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

You need to select 'Protocol filtering' and ensure that you check a dot on the THIRD option - 'Ports and application marked as Internet browsers or email clients.' Next select 'Web browser' - you'll be able to put a red 'x' on the entries, irrespective of your OS ;)

3. Mercury_22

You don't understand i'm "able to put a red 'x' on the entries" or to uncheck "protocol filtering " but even if the nod32's UI it's looking like it's doing what I'm "asking" = "exclude applications from content filtering" or disable "Web access protection" or disable "Protocol filtering" IN REALITY ekrn.exe it's still filtering content for my applications = all my DOWNLOADS ARE VERY SLOW

4. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

If it's the download speed that's bothering you - have you put a 'x' onto your download manager? Your download manager will not necessarily get automatically added to the 'Web browsers' list - you'll need to add it manually. If this doesnt solve your problem, can you provide some screenshots of the TCPView + details of your browser/s, email client/s, download manager/s, other security utilities, etc, etc.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  5. Mercury_22

Sorry I can't post screeanshots because I've "upgrade" back to NOD32 v2.7 !
    And now everything works fine !:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.