can't create sysinfo.txt file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Larrycleve, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larrycleve

Larrycleve Registered Member

I've been trying to create the sysinfo.txt file following the instructions. After typing the mount floppy line it says mounting failed error 2. I do have a blank floppy inserted. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Larrycleve,

Could you please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please issue the following command:

sysinfo

Please write down the output after this command, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to support@acronis.com. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Larrycleve

I'm sorry I don't mean to sound snide or sarcastic but this answer is weak. I tried just doing the sysinfo command and literally hundreds of lines of text scroll down. It's ridiculous to tell someone to write this down or use a digital camera to take pictures of this! I asked a reasonable question and there should be a reasonable answer as to why the floppy isn't mounting and what to do about it. This must work for others. I sent tech support copies of belarc and partinfo files but they wouldn't use them, they said they needed the sysinfo file. This is frustrating as they say they support firewire but my firewire hd doesn't show up in the rescue disk. :(

4. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

5. Larrycleve

The answer they gave for your flash drive was absurd, to have to go through all that! Make one mistake typing and it won't work. Try going through all that to find where the mistake is. I'm basically in the twighlight zone as they won't give me a refund until I send in the sysinfo report and I won't be taking digital pictures of the computer screen! :mad:

6. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Larrycleve,

I'm sorry for Irina's previous reply. I believe that it was done by pure accident :)

However, the only thing I can suggest at the moment is to try to reformat this diskette or try to use another diskette or even floppy drive.

If that does not help then please provide me with your Acronis request #, which can be found in the subject of the letters that you received from Acronis Support Team via e-mail. I'll take a look at the correspondence and see what we can do for you.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.