Can't create schedule

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by DVD+R, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

My friend has FD-ISR on his work system, it installed fine, but when he goes to create a daily backup schedule it says something like Incorrect user name or wrong password, and the schedule is not created. This is on a Windows XP system, I myself are not on XP so i cant remember if you have to be administrator, or how you go about creating a schedule with XP without the username/password error.

Can anyone enlighten me, so I can pass the info on to him ;) thanks in advance

2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Hi DVD+R,

It is a common problem for all windows versions from XP SP2 and higher.
    source http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/windowsxp/articles/573/1/Windows-XP-FAQ-S

Panagiotis

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Thanks, much appreciated :)

4. mrduke

mrduke Registered Member

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and get the same error when trying to create a schedule. I do not require a system logon and password. I have tried the solution mentioned above, but still have the same problem. Will I have to create a system password for this to work.

Thanks,
    Duke

5. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Hi, if you disabled "Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only" it should work.

Panagiotis

6. mrduke

mrduke Registered Member

Hi again,

Thanks for the reply, but it still isn't working. I rebooted, checked the setting, and it is still disabled. Is it possible that since I don't require a password to log on that is the problem? Or am I still missing something?

Duke

7. mrduke

mrduke Registered Member

Problem workaround.

I was unable to get the problem solved with the previous solution, so I worked around it. I created a Windows log on password, then created the schedule in FD, then deleted the password. Schedule worked and task completed.

Thanks for your response.

Duke

8. Chamlin

Chamlin Registered Member

Hmmm...what are you guys scheduling? Automatically making snapshots? Why would you do that? o_O

9. Karen76

Karen76 Registered Member

Why do you think people wouldn't want to schedule snapshots? Why do you think the developer included this feature in FD-ISR if not for that purpose?

10. Chamlin

Chamlin Registered Member

I understand it may sound like a stupid question and maybe I didn't express my confusion properly. I have only made snapshots when I knew my system was "right" and working well, or for specialized use (like I'm intending to do for "audio recording only".

I'd be concerned that if I had FD-ISR scheduled to automatically copy/update periodically, that it might catch my system on a bad day, so to speak.

I'm sure I am not getting something here. Can you help me see this clearly?

Thanks...

11. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I understand what you mean Chamlin as I do archive backups in the same way as you do, manually... when I know they are right, or at a specific point in time such as before the install of a big new program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.