Can't create rescue CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NeedToBackup, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeedToBackup

NeedToBackup Registered Member

Can't create rescue CD (solved)

I searched FAQs and other threads and couldn't find anything, so if this has already been discussed, I apologize.

When I try to create a rescue bootable CD, I get the error message "Error Burning the bootable CD-R/RW". I've replaced 2 blank CDs with no luck.

I've got the latest build (786), a 3GIG Mhz system with 1 GIG RAM, and 5 hard drives (all internal) totalling 640G.

I've got 2 burners, a DVD burner (Sony DRU-710A) and a CD burner (HP 9900i). TrueImage recognizes both, even shows which one has the blank CD in it. However, after choosing which burner I'm going to use, I get the error message.

I can create the bootable diskettes with no problem, so all is not lost as far as a recovery/bootable tool. But, I would prefer the bootable CD instead of the diskettes.

Anyone else had this problem or know of a fix?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  2. DJ_Hazelwood

DJ_Hazelwood Registered Member

Hi!

I'm currently running the True Image Trial and have the same problem.

I tried it with CD-R and CD-RW. No chance :(

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello DJ_Hazelwood & NeedToBackup,

Try searching the Acronis True Image Forum for the key words "rescue CD". However, with luck you'll find a solution in this lengthy thread titled <Error Burning the Bootable CDR/CDRW>.

Regards

4. NeedToBackup

Thanks Menorcaman...

I'll go thru the thread you suggested and hopefully I'll find something that will solve my problem.

Thanks again :)

5. ausgra

ausgra Guest

make sure your burning software is installed i.e. Nero

6. NeedToBackup

Re: Can't create rescue CD (solved)

Unchecking the "Enable CD recording on this drive" option did the trick for me. :D

It's the first option I tried (of all the ones mentioned) since the majority of posters mentioned this possible solution.

Thanks for all your help...

7. Menorcaman

Hi NeedToBackup,

Many thanks for posting back. It really helps other users when people provide confirmation (positive or negative) regarding proposed solutions.

Regards

8. jrbales

jrbales Registered Member

A firmware update on my Samsung SW-252F CD-RW drive fixed the problem for me. As soon as the update was applied and the computer rebooted, True Image was able to burn the image first time :)

9. Menorcaman

Hi jrbales,

Good news!! Not everyone is willing to carry out a firmware update so well done you.

Firmware flashing was one of the solutions proposed in <Post #26> of the linked thread above. It's nice, therefore, to receive confirmation that it proved successful for someone.

Regards

10. jrbales

jrbales Registered Member

I am planning to update to a DVD recorder soon so I figured if the firmware update wrecked the CD-RW then it would just encourage me to upgrade the drive sooner :D I have to say that Samsung provides one of the easiest firmware update utilities I've ever used. Fortunately, it's something that doesn't have to be used very often!

11. DJ_Hazelwood

DJ_Hazelwood Registered Member

I just tried the same and it worked.

Thank you all very much :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.