Can't create my first backup.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by grigsbyb, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grigsbyb

grigsbyb Registered Member

I just purchased and installed true image on my system. I have had no luck at doing any sort of backup operation with it yet. I have an external USB drive that I am trying to store the backup file on, but it wont let me.

I get the error "Operations with partition "C:" was terminated. Details: Unable to create volume snapshot (0x70021)."

And then it ends the operation. I have tried everything I could think of through the software. I am trying to backup my local c drive onto my external USB drive. I even tried creating the "secure area" on the USB and putting it there but still get the same error.

I hate to ask for help but if I can't get it to work it isn't much use to me. Thanks in advance.

2. grigsbyb

Oh, this is version 9 by the way, home edition.

3. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

If you are running the program from within Windows try running it from the bootable rescue CD - or vice versa.

Some hardware items that make TI barf are usb hubs, too many usb devices, and wireless keyboard/mouse.

Do you have anything that falls in those categories? Also what windows version are you running?

4. grigsbyb

I am running XP Prof.

The only usb device that I am running is the external drive. I am going to try and boot from the disc and see if that works.

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Oh one other thing I've seen others report. If your external is connected to a front usb port, try a rear port.

6. grigsbyb

Yeah I tried all four ports that I had.

I was able to backup my drive outside of windows from the bootdisk. Which I guess is cool, but it means I can't schedule backups, and will have to do manually.

Oh well...any other suggestions is welcome. I appreciate the idea about the boot disk. :thumb:

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello grigsbyb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file. Please also create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.