can't create boot cd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rgerdes, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rgerdes

rgerdes Registered Member

I just bought and installed true image home 9.0 (build 3677)
    on Windows XP Pro
    trying to create a bootable cd using a plextor dvdr px-716a.
    after initial processing screen freezes.
    I've tried all combinations in the wizard

Any ideas what to check?

Thanks

2. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

What program are you using to burn with? Has the program a choice between CD and DVD and have you chosen the appropriate one? I am not trying to take a loan of your intelligence but sometimes the obvious stares you in the face and you cannot see it.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  3. rgerdes

rgerdes Registered Member

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Actually I'm trying to use the included Acronis tool to "Create a Bootable Rescue Media"
    I've tried both CD-R and DVD+R media and both freeze the system during the create process.
    Any other ideas?
    Thanks,

Cheers, Bob

4. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

What I should have suggested to you was to first format the disk using your favourite program and then burn using the Acronis Tool.

Edit. Look at this link. He used DVD instead of CD and solved his problem, maybe it will solve yours.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=142729

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rgerdes,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you are using a blank unformatted CD-R or CD-RW disc, as other types of media cannot be used to create Bootable Rescue CD.

If that's not the case then please update any third-party CD\DVD-writing software installed on the computer to the latest version available for free on the respective web-site.

If that does not help then please try the following workaround:

- Eject any disc from the CD burner prior to starting the application;

- Proceed until the program asks for a disc and opens the tray;

- Insert a disc and then click OK to close the tray automatically.

If that does not help either then try to create a Bootable Rescue CD in Windows Safe Mode.

If nothing of the above helps then please create ISO image of Bootable Rescue CD (see chapter 9 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide for details) and burn Bootable Rescue CD from this ISO image using your favorite CD-recording software.

If you are unable to create ISO image of Bootable Rescue CD then please do the following:

- Go to Start -> Run and issue the 'regedit' command;

- Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs registry key;

If this is the first time when this log is being issued, then the folder DebugLogs has to be created first;

- Add cdrecord value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1)

- Reproduce the problem and collect the cdrecord.log file created in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DebugLogs folder.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- What are the exact vendor and model of your CD burner?

- Do you have any third-party CD-recording software installed? If yes, then please let us know it's exact version and build number;

- Let us know when your system freezes exactly.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  6. Steve53762

Steve53762 Registered Member

I had this problem. The fix for me was to temporarily disable my Norton Antivirus "Auto-Protect."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.