cant copy C:/ to dvd properly

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rory beattie, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rory beattie

rory beattie Registered Member

when i hit proceed it does everything as it should until it fills the disk.
    It doesnt bother to close it and instead of prompting me to insert another disk it just says "error, disk is full, this could be due to poor media quality" so i set the file size to 4gig to see if this prevents it but still no joy
    any help is appreciated many thanks
    rory

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Are you able to create an archive an validate it on an internal drive or external drive?

When you get this "error" have you tried inserting another blank DVD? I don't use DVDs for various reasons so I don't know what the messages are in practice. Sometimes though Acronis' messages are not user friendly.

If you are attempting to use DVDs as your first attempt to use TI, I strongly recommend you first create and validate an archive on an internal drive since they are the least troublesome. After, you can do that then venture into the DVDs; this will help isolate the problem area.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rory beattie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists, please create cdrecord.log file the way it is described in this previous post of mine. Please clarify what kind of DVD disc you use. Please check thisFAQ article about the supported DVD formats.

Also please collect the log file from Acronis True Image 9.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.