Can't Connect to Network

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Thusband, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thusband

Thusband Registered Member

I recently installed ESET Smart Security beta 3.0.290.0 on our laptop. I have Firefox in the start-up folder so when I boot up it starts automatically. What happens, though, is I get a message that says a connection to the server can't be made. If I click "try again" it connects just fine. Is there a timing thing going on here? I have the same set up on my desk top and it works perfect.

Any clarification appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

2. GhostMan

GhostMan Eset Staff Account

Hi

isn't your notebook connected via wireless adapter? This is probably caused by "network access race" after windows start, so first time firefox failed do access network, but after some time (when you click Try again) it's going smoothly. We already know about this issue.
    Anyway, thanks for your time.

Cheers.

3. Thusband

Yes, the laptop is wireless and connects when I try again.

I'll hang in there. By the way I really like Smart Security. It's so much better than Zone Alarm.

Thanks for the reply.

Tom

4. Thusband

I still have the problem with the browser (Firefox) not able to open on the wireless laptop. I have the browser set to open at startup. I believe I have downloaded the latest beta (3.0.414.0). I don't have the issue on my desktop.

Is this still a known problem or should it be fixed by now and I should be looking elsewhere to fix the problem?

Thanks,

Tom

5. Thusband

Does anybody else see this happening with wireless? The browser on my desktop opens fine after Smart Security opens but the laptop browser can't find the server initially and I have to start it again. It's like the opening of ESET takes too long. My OS is XP.

Thanks,

Tom

6. Thusband

Just wondering if anybody else has seen this problem? Is there a way to delay or speed up the loading of Smart Security?

Thanks,
    Tom

7. rwt325

rwt325 Registered Member

I think ESS gives itself top priority for both loading and checking for updates. I think the next priority are sidebar items that need to update from the net.

I would not want to change the ESS priority, even if I knew how.

8. Thusband

I would agree but when I had Zone Alarm installed it wouldn't interfere with my laptop wireless connection before starting. After the hassle of setting ZA up it was pretty much in the background. I had ZA and Nod32 installed and had no problems at all with my laptop.

Is there a way, then, to delay opening Firefox until ESS opens?

Thanks for the reply.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.