Can't connect to local intranet

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by geircito, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geircito

geircito Registered Member

Using beta 1a.

Enable personal firewall:
    Can connect to the internet using Firefox etc
    Can't connect to local intranet (server, other computers, printers...)

Disable personal firewall:
    Can connect to the internet using Firefox etc
    Can connect to local intranet (server, other computers, printers...)

Trusted zone:
    How do I add my local intraneto_O
    If I tick the "add automatically" button the 127.0.0.1 is added,
    but how to add my local intranet??

--
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Open ESS -> Personal firewall -> start the advanced tree -> navigate to the Personal firewall and turn to Automatic mode . Confirm with OK.

Open ESS -> Personal firewall -> start the advanced tree -> navigate to the Personal firewall -> Rules and zones -> Choose "Add address"
    http://pandaman.my.contact.bg/ESS_firewall.PNG
  3. geircito

geircito Registered Member

The problem is that the local intranet (193.200.100.xxx) isn't added automatically when I first try to connect to the server...

I need to go to the trusted zone setup and add it manually by myself, and that require that you actually KNOW the addresses to add.

At work I have 193.200.100.xxx and at home 192.168.0.xxx.

--
  4. mozbius

mozbius Registered Member

Same problem here. I can't seem to be able to connect to my home network. I've added my network 192.168.1.xxx as Trusted but I still can't see my other computers. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. This is the kind of thing that would work with no problem under ZoneAlarm and XP... I also tried to add a range of IP adresses 192.168.1.0 - 192.168.1.255 but I still can't see the other systems on my network. So I'm stuck to disable the firewall whenever I need to share files.

NOTE: I'm trying ESET Smart Suite on a wireless laptop with Vista Ultimate because I love NOD32 and I've been looking around for a while for a Vista third party firewall.
  5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Whenever you have a problem with connection when the firewall is active, go to the IDS setup and enable logging of all blocked connections. Next try to establish a connection and then check the firewall log for details about what has been blocked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.