Can't connect to computer to restore backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jake_junk, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jake_junk

jake_junk Registered Member

Hello,

I'm using a new HP RP5700 with an Intel 82801HR/HH/HO Sata Raid controller and I'm having a little bit of trouble restoring a backup. I'm using BartPE to boot up the computer and I'm able to launch the TI application in BartPE. When I try and connect to the server where the backup file resides I get a error:

Code:
    Filename:\\10.100.1.184 is not accessible.  You might not have permission to use this network resource.  Contact Administrator....

Access is denied.

After I put in \\10.100.1.184\ShareName I will get a login box after about 15 seconds. No matter what I type in I'm unable to connect and get a list of backup files.

I can use the Remote Desktop Connection in BartPE to connect to 10.100.1.184, so I know there is a good network connection.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jake_junk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software
    Most probably the guest account needs to be enabled on the remote host.

If you have any further questions concerning our software, please submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

--
    Thank you
    Sergey Nor

3. jake_junk

jake_junk Registered Member

I've enabled the guest account on the remote computer, and have put the remote computer in the same workgroup and same sub-net on the network. I'm still getting the same error.

Any ideas?

If this helps, I'm using an HP RP5700 with an Intel 82801 HR/HH/HO Sata Raid controller and the Acronis Boot Agent doesn't work with it. It just hangs during the first boot part. I just need to restore from a file on my cloning server. Is there a different way I can accomplish this, or a better way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.