Cant connect to Acronis Bootable Agent ...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sjourdain, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjourdain

sjourdain Registered Member

I want to connect True image workstation management console to a acronis bootable agent ( CD )....

First of all...
    The computer is new, the hard is empty, no partition....

I boot the Agent from the CD, I got an IP address, But no computer name appear. it says "NONE" . Is it normal ??

the agent works perfectly... It says currently running...

After that , I try to connect to this computer with the console management..
    I enter the IP address of the bootable agent ... a blank screen appear with the message : " Loading content, please wait, " and a window Processing, please wait...
    nothing happend after that ,....

What is the problem o_O

Thanks !!

2. sjourdain

The hardware is different from the original machine
    so I try with the Bootable Agent With universal restore.... nothing more than the other one...

A blank screen with a windows : " Processing please wait ..."

I can ping the other PC, they are on the same subnet...
    but something tell me that the "NONE" as a computer name is not correct.

The first time I try to recover by this way, it was working great and there was a computer name instead of " NONE " ...

Please Give me a hint....

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sjourdain,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Yes, it is absolutely normal because, as you have mentioned, "...The computer is new, the hard is empty, no partition..."
    In other words, this particular machine has no name yet.

First of all, please make sure that both Acronis Management Console and Acronis Bootabe Agent are of the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation which is available in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

Please note that it is obligatory for both Acronis Management Console and Acronis Bootable Agent to have the same build numbers in order to communicate properly.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD containing Acronis Bootable Agent after installing the update.

If the problem persists with Acronis Management Console and Acronis Bootable Agent having the same\latest build number then please try disabling anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall-like software, if any, on the computer where Acronis Management Console is installed.

If that does not help either then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for the computer where Acronis Management Console is installed;

- Make a screen shots of your consequent steps taken during the attempt to connect to the remote computer booted from Acronis Bootable Agent;

- Describe your network structure in detail.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. sjourdain

I reinstall the new version Builds 3633
    Reburn a Bootable Universal restore CD
    And it's connecting perfectly...

Thanks It's Working Great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.