Can't configure Task/scheduler to run

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by theslaz, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theslaz

theslaz Registered Member

I'm running Acronis True Image Home ver 10. I'm trying to set a schedule/task to back up a image of my main drive. There are two things that I'm having problems with. 1st; I can't get it to run because it keeps telling me I have a wrong user name or password. I'm running XP Professional and I don't us any user names or passwords! In an attempt to fix this problem; I did set up a password for my main/administrators account. Didn't work. I then set up an account for "All Users"! Didn't work! What is it asking for?
    2nd problem; I set it up so that it would email me if and when it completes a backup/task; and then attempted to send a test email. It keeps telling me that my settings are wrong and it can't send me a email. My settings are NOT wrong!
    I am looking into the settings of my Firewall to see if that is the problem.
    What can be done to rectify these two small problems.?

2. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi,
    Problem # 1: Did you enter the same password in your scheduled task as the one you set up for your Widows xp Pro?This is mandatory.

Problem#2:I don't know but make sure you have the latest build ,i.e., 4942.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

In Windows open System Properties, select COMPUTER NAME and use that instead of the USER name that you are using. Password is the one used to log on.
    That should work for the task scheduler. Please post back with the results.

Being basically idle I leave the "user name" and password both blank and have no trouble in setting up and running schedules for backups. I am however using XP Home and Version 10 4940 which may make a difference.

Xpilot

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

That should work on XP pro and ATI 10.4942 also.

The email prob could be your firewall not letting ATI send email. Check out your firewall/seciruty program and see if you can tellit to allow ATI to send email.

5. theslaz

Thanks for the replies!
    My version is build 4871; will try and upgrade.
    No luck with the password thing. Tried the suggestions and still a no go. Haven't looked at the firewall settings will do that shortly.

6. theslaz

Did a search of this forum about this problem and I came across this thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=179804&highlight=Task schedule logon

Did what was suggested and the login problem has been resolved. What I can't figure out; is that the wizard for scheduling tasks on my computer for windows Xp; is telling me that my username is something else than what I set up. Go figure!

Haven't worked on the email problem yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.