Cant Clone Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rschmars, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rschmars

rschmars Registered Member

I have 3 drives. Two internal and one external USB. When I select source it shows all 3 and will let me select any of them. I choose the internal system drive with C: on it. It then goes to destination and all 3 drives show but all are ghosted and it wont let me select any of them. See Image below.
    http://home.comcast.net/~rschmars/Acronis.jpg

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

It might be because both internals are being detected as Secondary Master?

3. rschmars

Everything worked find under version 7 but now wont work under Home 2009.

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Windows will not see the unallocated usb drive. Boot from the TI Rescue CD and it will show the usb. However, your chances of success would improve greatly if you put the blank drive in its internal boot position and put the current master in another location.

5. rschmars

I tried it by booting from a TI Rescue CD and still all the outputs were ghosted. I have changed nothing here and everything worked fine under Version 7.
    The internal drives are SATA and the external of course is USB but a firewire drive didn't work either.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rschmars,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

To find the exact the exact reason of the encountered issue we need one diagnostic file.

Please download Acronis Report utility available here and run it, create a report and attach to your post.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. rschmars

Here is the report. Remember everything worked find under V7 and I have made no changes here.

Attached Files:

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rschmars,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The issue you are experiencing is related to the version incompatibility. Acronis guarantees one-version-back compatibility for different versions of the same product. This means that current product version will work with backups created with one-generation-older version.

You should delete the present Acronis Secure Zone and re-create it by means of Acronis True Image Home 2009. Old archives will be lost.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

9. rschmars

I am not trying to do or restore a backup. I am trying to clone a drive to a blank USB drive. It won't let me select a destination drive for the clone.
    As I said, everything worked find under V7 but wont work under home 2009.
    I uninstalled True Image and any Acronis folder or file I could find and reinstalled 2009 home and it still wont let me select a destination drive.

QUOTE=Acronis Support]Hello rschmars,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The issue you are experiencing is related to the version incompatibility. Acronis guarantees one-version-back compatibility for different versions of the same product. This means that current product version will work with backups created with one-generation-older version.

You should delete the present Acronis Secure Zone and re-create it by means of Acronis True Image Home 2009. Old archives will be lost.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee[/QUOTE]

10. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

Did you try to format the external drive and add a drive letter to it?

The only other thing is since the source hard drive is larger than the 2 other drives, it might not let you clone it (especially if you are using the sector by sector method).

11. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

"C:" has 232,9GB.
    You cannot CLONE it to any other of your devices because they have max. 149,1GB. Ti recognized this and greyed the destinations.

eventually jonyjoe81 said this before...

12. rschmars

But all 232 aren't being used and V7 always proportionally copied it to the drive. Again everything is the same as when I used V7 and that worked fine.
    What is wierd is about 1 of of 10 times I try to clone, it will allow me to chose the other internal drive as it isn't ghosted but it never allows me to choose the external USB drive.

13. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

People can say: That is a bug in V7. It was corrected in the newer versions.

To CLONE has a particular meaning. Like the word 'CLONE' already says: Create a 1:1 relation between source and destination. Fortunately TrueImage (anyway: 11 + 2009) has the ability to enlarge the clone.
    But only enlarge. Not to shrink.

About what Ti version you are talking here? Ti7? or Ti2009?

14. rschmars

I tried a larger drive and it did work. Too bad I wasted $30 to upgrade to a version that wont do what the version I had would do

15. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.