Cant Clear Log File

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DaveR, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveR

DaveR Guest

For some reason I am unable to "Clear" the True Image logfile. There were two image backup dates in the file and the older one of them cleared but the other (newer one) remains. I cant delete individual lines or clear the list. Is the log file available in Win Explorer so I can delete it manually? It was supposed to create an image this past Sat but since the logfile seems corrupted, I dont know if it did.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DaveR,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

You can manually delete the log files which are located in:
    \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Logs folder
    prior to installing the latest build (937).

If the problem still persists with the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also make a screen shots of each step you take while trying to delete individual log entries and the entire log. Describe your actions step-by-step.

If you are not familiar with making screen shots, please read the below step-by-step instructions.

- Get to the window which you want to make a screen shot of;
    - Hit the (Alt+)PrintScreen button on your keyboard;
    - Run Paint usually available in Start\Programs\Accessories or another graphics application;
    - Choose Paste command in Edit menu;
    - Save the result picture with JPEG format being preferable.

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.