Can't choose the *.tib-files from external hdd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by markusw, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markusw

markusw Registered Member

I've finished a complete backup with acronis true image home version 10 (inclusive validation).
    Then I try to restore the backup from external harddisc (usb) to a spare drive.

However, after I boot with the acronis bootdisc I can't choose the *.tib-files .
    The program display the installed/connected drives and I can choose them but the subdirectories and files aren't displayed *.
    (* Also when I move the *.tib-files to the root-directory of the external hdd)

Next I swap the spare drive with my "normal" master hdd and boot with the acronis recovery disc again.
    Now the subdirectories and files (choosing "All Files") are displayed except the internal slave drive and the external one.

So acronis doesn't display files and subdirectories of internal slave drives and external drives. (The spare drive is formatted and empty.)

What's wrong ?

Markus

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Weird, indeed ... if you have that external connected to a front usb port, try a rear port. Are you using a wireless keyboard or mouse?

3. markusw

Yes I do. Logitech Set LX710. But the directories and files of the master drive are displayed and I've forgot the directory and files of the dvd-rom drive with the inserted acronis recovery disc also.

Using the rear port is a good idea. I' ll try it.

Markus

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  4. markusw

Ok, I've try it. The problem is still there. :doubt:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello markusw,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download and install the latest build (4940) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.
    Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If that does not solve the issue, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help either, please collect some information to let us investigate the issue thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep the drives in question connected during the creation process.

Please also collect the exact vendor and device names of hard drives in question.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.