Cant boot into pc, Invalid boot sector error

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by duckbill, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duckbill

duckbill Registered Member

I just installed windows 7 on one of my pcs and managed to follow the procedure on here to get fdisr installed but after restarting the pc i get this message every time: Invalid boot sector - First-Defense-ISR - Error.

Is there anyway i can fix the boot file and get into windows and how do i go about making sure it doesnt happen again, have installed it before but cant remeber what i did last time.

Update: manage to reset mbr using emergency boot cd but still not sure how to fix mbr so that fdisr works.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Did you followed the guide FD-ISR and Windows 7?

You are not using diskeeper 2010, right?

Panagiotis

3. duckbill

duckbill Registered Member

I,m know getting no boot partiton found error whenever i boot up and am having to resort to the recovery disk to boot up, even with fdisr boot diasbled.

I got somewhat same setup on my other pc, can i just copy the bootconfig file
    over?

ps:
    I dont have diskeeper just paragon partion manager which i used.

I followed the guide, the only think i was having trouble with was the bootsect.exe command, but since i managed to get fdisr installed i assumed it worked. Would that be the cause?

4. osip

osip Registered Member

If you're using a pirated win7 with one of the win7 loaders floating around then it could be the cause...A friend of mine couldn't use FDISR or FDR at all with that kind of a setup.

5. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

for me i cant axx the f1 at boot , its says "cache full".

using VM on a just installed os (win7x32)

6. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

be advised also that if you want to uninstall FDISR from windows 7 after changing the boot srctor, you wont be able to. the $FDISR folder in C:\Program files is locked and cant be deleted, which means your stuck with whatever space FDISR took to make the copy snapshot even though you uninstalled it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.