can't boot from Rescue CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TJH, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJH

TJH Registered Member

I can’t seem to boot from a Rescue CD that I created from TI8 build 791. I have created the bootable CD a couple of time and when I try to boot the same thing happen. During the boot process the blue true image startup or title screen appears for about 10 seconds and then is replaced by a black screen and a blinking cursor for about 5 seconds. Then the cursor disappears and I am left with a black screen and the boot process has stopped. I activated the F11 thing. When I hit the F11 key during boot the exact same thing happens.

This is the first time I have tried to use this program. I just purchased it a couple of days ago. I had been a long time user of Power Qwest Drive Image.

TJH
    P4P800E

2. bobbyjak

bobbyjak Registered Member

That happens to me also if I don't have media in my SanDisk memory card
    reader (USB) or have it un-plugged..Has yet to be fixed from ver 7 on..

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TJH,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please note that you should press the F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader" string appears. The ability to get to Linux Kernel Settings is common and shouldn't depend on your hardware. Probably you press the F11 key too late so try to press it in advance.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. TJH

TJH Registered Member

I tried the F11 key early and often. It seems to start. I get the blue Acronis screen with the choice of continue loading windows or start acronis. When I click start Acronis - screen says "starting acronis true image" and that lasts for about 3 seconds and then I get a black screen without cursor and machine is hung. I have to hold shutdown restart button to restart. Tech support did respond yesterday and instructed me to insert "acpi=off noapic" string at the Linux Kernel settings promp. That caused pc to load several lines and pages of dos stuff and then hang with the last line reading "hde; host protedted area =>1.

This software doesn't seem to like my machine. I tried the same full boot cd on my Wife's pc and the darn thing worked fine. She has a simple life with only two hard drives with only partition on each.

TJH

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TJH,

Please send the lines you observed to support@acronis.com (you may use digital camera and send the photos). This will help us to solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.