Can´t boot from my second partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Lars Twin, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lars Twin

Lars Twin Registered Member

I have downloaded ATI trial which works really fine.

I have managed to make images, secure zone, and I am able to restore an image of my windows XP SP2 and programs from my first partition C onto my secondary partition D on a Dell Inspiron laptop. I have DVD copies of the images as well.

Question:
    Since I spend a week building a perfect running XP with programs and settings I want to check if I can boot from the restored image on partition D. (I dont dare to restore to the C partition because of all my work)

To check this I downloaded Director Suite, to be able to boot from a copy of XP and programs on my D partition.

Director Suite seems to run fine on startup. But when I try to boot from my D partition in the boot manager it seems that the PC is still booting from C.

The Drive manager in Windows XP tells me that My C drive still is the boot disk and the D drive has the system.

How can I make the system "really boot" from my D partition?

Thanks in advance

Lars Twin

2. mrtee

mrtee Registered Member

You can not just put an image of "C" on "D" and expect it to boot.

The OS has to be installed as per the manual (Users Guide) in chapter 8.

Just changing the Boot.ini file to point to partition 2 doesn't work either. I write from past experience, I tried to do it that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.