Can't boot from CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by artzelda, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artzelda

artzelda Registered Member

For some reason I have made a number of boot CD's and none of them will complete the boot. It goes to the point where the message says
    "Acronis Loading, please wait" andnothing happens. Any ideas?? Is there a process that has to be started for Acronis to complete the loading sequence?

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Do you have multiple usb devices connected - including hubs, or a wireless keyboard/mouse?

3. artzelda

Yes I have a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse. In addition my printer and scanner are USB connected. Is this the problem. If so then what do I do??

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello artzelda,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet acpi=off noapic, click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

If that does not help, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. artzelda

I am running Windows Professional not Linux. Should I still modify the command as noted??

6. Acronis Support

Hello artzelda,

Please note that the bootable rescue media is based on Linux and when you boot your computer from it you get into Linux environment.

Please modify Linux command line in the way described above and see whether the problem still persists.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

7. artzelda

This did not work. Should I try fixing the Master Boot recordo_O

These are the last few lines when I delete the command 'quiet'

Using 1lib/modules/ehci-hcd.o
    ehci_hcd 00:0b.1: pci device 10de:005b
    ehci_hcd 00:0b.1: irq 21, pci mem f8c1f001
    usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1

By the way I just found out I can boot completely if I select the 'SAFE' mode but cannot boot when I select the "Full' mode.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

No, don't do anything to the Master boot record. The problem is that the LInux environment is having a problem with your system.

Normally, the safe mode is DOS and doesn't have support for USB. You can go into it and see if there is enough functionality for you to continue. If your backup is not on a USB drive and your keyboard and mouse work then you might be able to proceed.

If not then reset the machine.

9. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Wireless devices and multiple usb devices seem to "throw a curve" to Acronis True Image software. If possible replace the wireless devices with standard ones. If not, disconnect all usb devices and see if the bootable CD will work.

10. Acronis Support

Hello artzelda,

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet noehci, click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

If that does not help, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.