Cant backup directory on network drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Robert66, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert66

Robert66 Registered Member

I am trying to get an backup of a directory on a netwerk drive but it won't work: E00040019: Failed to backup file or folder 'FHD-2PRO'.

Failed to backup file or folder. (0x40019)
    Path = "\\?\UNC\Sx551c88e56\FHD-2PRO",
    Hints = 1
    Tag = 0xA8A1022BD18AE0C9
    Het brontype is onjuist (0xFFF0)
    code = 80070042
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8A6

What is going wrong or is it impossible to make a backup of network drive?
    Then I wonder why I can select this drive as source.
    I hope somebody can help me with this problem

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Robert66,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please see this FAQ entry for information about backing up from network drives. Please also notice that as it's impossible for Acronis True Image to get exclusive access to the network drive, the backup may fail if the files are busy by some another process.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  3. Robert66

Ok thank you, I can't get it working. Is there any other solution or other software of Acronis to make it possible. I always used a usb stick and made a backup every day, there was no problem. No I finally made it possible for me to set some software on a networkdrive(linked to a router), so I can use this software with al my pc's, and that's working fine.
    But ofcourse I need also backups of this software, but that seems not be possible with Acronis. I need another solution to make a backup of de data on my network drive. I hope somebody can help me out.

4. Acronis Support

5. Robert66

I installed Acronis True Image Workstation but it's not working, I can't make a copy of the choosen directory of the network drive.
    I got the same error as when I use A T I Home.
    I am even wondering why the software makes it possible to select a network drive and also the directory I want a copy of, but then it seems not working.
    Then don't make it possible to select something what not really works.
    Acronis True Image was great software for me, but when it is not working when I want to copy a directory of a network drive, then I have to look for something else.
    I am using now backup4all3, and I don't have any problems, it does what I need. Never the less I still want to use Acronis so I hope there will be a solution so I can copy something of my network drive

6. Acronis Support

Hello Robert66,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware that in order to successfully back up with your setup you first need to install Acronis Remote Agent on your router (as the drive you want to back up is a local drive for the router). Please see the chapter "Using Acronis True Image Management Console" of the respective User's Guide for detailed instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.