Can't back up a partition

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Tafflad, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tafflad

Tafflad Registered Member

I used a partition manager to create 2 partitions per HDD.
    Now trying to use your Drive Backup Program.

On HDD I have 2 identical partitions, I use Disk 0 to give me OS partition of C:
    I have a similar partition on Disk 2 to give me D: ‘OS back up’
    D: partition is empty,
    (see attached screen shot) http://s771.photobucket.com/albums/xx351/Tafflad/?action=view¤t=diskpartions.jpg

What I want to do is take a partition back up of C: and put it in D: ... giving me a back up OS in case of future problems ...a typical scenario for the program I think.

With D: empty there is loads of spare capacity ........... however when I click on the ‘partition back up ‘ button on your program, it initiates but throws up error :
    “Wizard did not find unallocated space where a new copy can be created ....”

Do I need to delete the D: partition to allow back up ? ..... your help appreciated.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

If you are making a COPY of a partition - you need unallocated space to copy it to.

If you are making an IMAGE of a partition - you can store the image file ( it's called an archive file ) on any partition, just like any file.

( You might be beteer shrinking the source partition a tiny bit before making an image, to be sure it isn't larger than the destination - they say they are the same in Disk management , but there may be a tiny difference )

Hope it helps.

3. Tafflad

Tafflad Registered Member

Sounds like it is an image that I need ... to enable rapdi restore ... How do I make an image with Paragan Drive Backup

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

to create and image (backup) you need to:
    * run Backup Disk or Partition wizard
    * select your C:/ partition to backup
    * set partition D:/ as destination
    * follow the wizard to Finish
    * press Apply

It will create folder with archiму file/files inside on D:/, which will be displayed in Archives tab of Drive Backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.