Can't assign logical drive letter

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jerrynewbie, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerrynewbie

jerrynewbie Registered Member

I'm trying for the first time to restore an individule file. I follow the book and select my backed up partition and then assign a drive letter for the logical drive. The setup screen looks just like the book but when I press Proceed the proceed screen comes up and there is a beep sound then the clock graphic runs for about 1 minute and then I get an error that the drive letter could not be assigned. Any suggestions? o_O

2. mesaboogieman

mesaboogieman Registered Member

Hi
    Just to let you know you are not alone with this problem.
    I have been trying to solve this for a couple of weeks now without any success despite some serious 'surgery'.
    If I use TI7 version 572 it sort of works but not as it should. Any other version gives the error you have quoted.
    There are a few threads about this problem on this forum but none of the suggestions have helped in my case.

Still looking for the answer. o_O

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Could you please do the following?

- Download the file below, unpack it and run in order to add the information to the Windows registry:

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/SetupApiLog.zip

- Delete the \Windows\setupapi.log file and reboot the computer;
    - Reproduce the mounting error and send the setupapi.log file either to me or to Acronis Support (support@acronis.com)

Thank you.

4. mesaboogieman

mesaboogieman Registered Member

Thanks for your input Anton.
    I installed the registry entry, deleted the log file and rebooted as per your instuctions.
    Loaded True image and selected 'explore image' and the program worked !!
    Not an error message in sight.
    Tried it a second time and again no problem.
    Many many thanks Anton for your help, I have been trying to get this option to work on my PC for several weeks without success.
    One registry entry and a deleted log file and all is ok at the moment.
    Does this make any sense to you Anton?
    I will report back if the problem re-appears.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.