Can't access personalized Excite startup page

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by bpratt, Dec 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpratt

bpratt Guest

Just installed SpywareBlaster Ver 3.2 and updated to 12/24/04 and I can no longer access my personalized Excite startup page in Firefox. This page normally loads automatically when Firefox is selected.

The default Excite page (http://www.excite.com/) loads OK but the personalized page does not load and when I try to manually log on, to load it, I get a “ The browser you're using is not allowing you to sign in to Excite” message. Disabled Mozilla Firefox protection in SB and had same problem, then removed SB but still have the problem.

Can anyone advise how I can run SB and still use my personalized startup page?

Using Win XP home with SP 2 and Firefox Ver 1.0 and internet provider is “bresnan.net”. Don’t know the URL because I can’t load the page to see what it is.

Thanks in advance for any help, Bill

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

3. bpratt

bpratt Guest

Wow! That was a fast reply.

That sounds exctly like my problem, except that I am using Firefox and I can't even sign in to Excite (minor details). Sounds like it could fix things though so will give it a try.

Too late in the night now to strain my brain that much, so will wait until tomotow.

Thanks, Bill

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Don't blame you for waiting, bpratt. :) It's always better to start fresh after a good nights sleep.

I do not use FireFox myself, so if you still find that you are having trouble, please post back and hopefully someone that uses FF will be able to help with some suggestions.

Regards,

snap

5. bpratt

bpratt Guest

Hey Snap - it works. :)

Deselected from the Block List, added to the ignore list, and everything works great.

Thanks a bunch, Bill :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.