Can't Access Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 24texas, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24texas

24texas Registered Member

I get this error:
    E00070021:Cannot Access Drive
    Cannot create the image of the logical drive C: because it is currently in use by running applications or the logical drive contains bad sectors.

This started happening when I used Partition Magic to resize drive C. I have checked the drive for errors, none found.
    I have also deleted the scheduled backups and re-created them.

Can you tell me how to fix this?

I am using WinXP Pro, and build 3567
    Thanks,

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

There is probably something running in the background. Create the bootable TI rescue CD and use that instead to do your backups. You will want to know that this bootable CD will work for you now rather that later anyway.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

C drive is normally the Primary Active drive in a Windows system. The fact that it is now described as a logical drive suggests that an error has occured in the repartitioning process. So you should first check how C drive is recognised by Partition Magic and make the correction there if necessary.

Xpilot

4. 24texas

24texas Registered Member

TI calls it a Logical drive, Partition Magic sees it as Primary drive.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 24texas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Could you please also do the following?

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application:
    - Run the application;
    - Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;
    - Move the margin to the right in order to see all the items;
    - Make a screen shot and send it to us.

Please note that the application may crash the system when you exit, so we recommend you to save all your work and close other programs prior to running it.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.