Cannot work with recovery CD

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by fwoerndle, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fwoerndle

fwoerndle Registered Member

Hi, I recently had a HD-malfunction and wanted to use the recovery CD as produced by Disk-Director 9.0. The system booted from this CD, but I could not get any activities started, because the program did not accept inputs from mouse or keyboard. I use a Abit KV-85 type board with AMD 754 socket processor, a Phoenix BIOS und cordless USB keyboard and mouse. I have modified the settings in BIOS, that USB-keyboard and USB-mouse can be handled by BIOS. Everything works well - except the input to the Acronis recovery-CD. What might be the problem? Can somebody tell me on similar experiences and resolutions of the problem? Thanks in advance.

2. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

Greetings, fwoerndle,

You might find this link helpful, which is the Read Before You Post Thread at the top of the True Image forum:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317

I think this following section may help you have USB mouse and keyboard functions in Acronis Boot Mode:

Be sure you enter the exact line shown above, note, acpi is not the same term as apic.

If not, you might search the True Image forum for more suggestions relating to your problem.

Regards

3. fwoerndle

Thanks Christopher for these valuable hints. I tried to follow exactly the proposal (including the acpi vs. apic stuff) and learned the first time about the F11-button - but it did not help. Possibly we are talking about two different subjects. Unfortunately for our conversation my program runs in German. In my "Acronis Disk Director Suite Version 9.0 (build 504)" I find a menue entry "Bootmedium erstellen" (=create bootmedium). The process is straight forward and leads to a resulting disk. Is this disk the same as the "Acronis True Image rescue disc" you are referring to? Please not, that I am least 6 (possibly 9) timezones ahead of you - so this explaines some delay in answers.
    Kind Regards

4. webe

webe Registered Member

can you change the usb stuff in your bioso_O I have the same problem with the usb stuff with other programs so I just went out and bought the old style mouse and keyboard or get the adaptor it works too..

5. fwoerndle

Hi thanks, I have already thought about this but unfortunately have recently given all old stuff to the recycling authority (we have something like this in old Europe). I just hate the idea of buying an oldfashioned device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.