Cannot use remote connection

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alexia_net, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexia_net

alexia_net Registered Member

Hi. I am testing Acronis® True Image Echo Enterprise Server and i cannot use the remote connection when I use the management console. I have installed the Acronis components on the remote computer as well. But the thing is that when I try to connect to a computer where the Acronis components have been installed I get an error saying that the information for logging in is not correct. The information is correct. So what could it be? I am using the testing version, but as I know i have full access for 15 days. One more think. The Enterprise Acronis Serve is installed on a computer with windoews XP not on a server, but i do not think that this is a problem. I am trying to connect to a computer on which runs XP as well. Thank you!o_O

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. alexia_net

hi. Thank you for your answer. I have checked section 2.2 from your guide and everything seems to be ok. I have also received some instructions from Acronis about starting some services and to check some settings in the local policies of both computers. I have done as they have said, but still nothing. I am using a domain administrator account so there should be no restrictions. Any other suggestions? o_O

4. nistam74

nistam74 Registered Member

Hi! I have the same problem with a WinXP client since today morning. I saw the System on the event viewer and there is an error:

The Acronis Remote Agent service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s).

....and after that 2 more messages indicating that the Acronis TI Agent received a stop and then a start signal.

I browsed to folder C:\Document and Settings\All users\Application data to get the log from Acronis folder, but...there is no Acronis folder in there

5. John Oldman

John Oldman Registered Member

Same problem with vista client.

It keeps saying that I should enter correct username and password.
    The login information is correct, and I'm not on a domain. I've also tried to enter "Computername\Username" in the username box and it doesn't work either.

I've installed the agent on multiple machines (running Vista or XP Professional) and it's the same story. By the way the agent keeps crashing on all of them.

6. alexia_net

I cannot believe this. I want to give them over 1000 euro and they do not want it.:D

7. John Oldman

:ninja:
    It's a glitch they will eventually fix it...
    but in the mean time I must use the CD to back-up my stations... or I could just install the old version, decisions, decisions... :D
    I've already put the acronis echo workstation on my licensing budget, but now I think I rushed it :D

8. okoehler

okoehler Registered Member

Same here on a fresh installed W2K3 Server
    Everytime if i try to login via the remote console the Remote Agent Service
    on the server stopped.

olaf

9. Acronis Support

Hello alexia_net, nistam74, John Oldman, okoehler and everyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please have a look at this Acronis KB article and see if it helps.

alexia_net, could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. John Oldman

Thank you Marat,

After the registry fix all works fine :)

11. cnetzer

cnetzer Registered Member

Hello. I have same problem...but there is no Registry key

12. alexia_net

Hello Acronis Group. This is the number: 1310893. Thank you!

13. Acronis Support

Hello cnetzer and alexia_net,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Backup Software.

Please check Acronis KB article in my previous post again, it has been updated with a patch.

alexia_net, please notice that as I can see your case is being worked upon, and you will be contacted as soon as possible. Please apply the patch from the article, and if it doesn't help, please mention that in your next e-mail and follow further instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

14. alexia_net

Hello! I have tried the patch, but it did not help. I have installed it on the computer where the Acronis server is installed and tried. I have restarted the services. Nothing. Then I have installed it on the remote machine hopping that this might help. Nothing. Lets try something else.

15. cmf

cmf Registered Member

Hi all,

I have take a look at the Acronis KB article, and it seems to talk about a trouble with a SSL Certificate in somewhere.

I recall that in my labs with Agents and MCs, I don´t use Acronis Server at all.

So no trouble with any SSL Certificate also.

I was used a shared resource on the server for store the .tib files, and I was unable to manage remote agents with MC.

So I think there is an issue with MC and thoose Agents.

Lets see how go this solution.

cmf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.